Welcome, we are looking for a design assistant that can help manage all aspects of our clients needs. From design meetings, blog writing, orders, scheduling, sourcing and product for TV show. The ideal candidate will be highly creative, forward thinking with a flair for current trends in home design and fashion. Design school is not required but its an asset.
- Enrolled or recently graduated in an Interior Design program. (preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and SketchUp are a plus.
- Ability to support multiple projects at a time.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, along with very good interpersonal skills.
- A basic understanding of different materials, furniture, finish selections and specifications.
- Assist in furniture, fabrics, and finish selection and procurement, both from showrooms and online.
- Manage and process all purchases from selection to delivery, including tracking all purchases and arranging for delivery and installation.
- Execute field measurements and site visits.
- Compile and organize products for presenting to clients.
- Create design proposals, schedules, and estimated budgets.
- Help to create space plans and furniture layouts.
- Help to create concept and schematic designs.
- Co-Ordinate with architects, contractors, and tradesmen throughout the design process.
- Maintain and/or develop relationships with vendors.
- Conduct product research and meet with vendors as necessary.
- Prepare materials and assist Principle in client meetings.
- Update blog.
- Create client binders and status schedules
- Manage furniture and fabric library
- Administrative support (filing, receiving and inspecting deliveries, recycling, etc.)
- Help maintain a clean and neat working environment
A vehicle is needed for this role.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and examples of your work. Hourly wage based on experience ($15-$22)